Thursday, May 15, 2014

An eventful weekend.

I watched Miami Vice on Friday. It conveniently makes my all time top 10 most disappointing Hollywood movies list. Do not even think of watching this movie. I don’t know why some one would want to spend so much money for two super stars and then make such a crap movie. There was one bright spot though. The gun fight in the climax was good. It was very real, you feel like it's happening very close to you. If you ever played paint ball, or even better, have ever been involved in real gun fighting, you will know what I mean. By the way, “War of the Worlds” and “AI” share the top spot of that list.

On Saturday, I found out that my mom got her visa approved for 10 years. That was HUGE for us, because it means she can keep coming whenever she wants and we (me and my brother) still have the option open for staying back in the US. Now she will probably spend 6 months here and 6 months in India. Like some business executive. She can go on pilgrimages when in India with my aunt and uncle, and when here, she can visit places that she hasn’t been to yet. And that is exactly what she plans to do! Every time someone close to me goes for a Visa, I cannot help but think of how our lives are some times out of our control. You can do every thing right; you know, do well in GRE and TOEFL, have good grades, but if the Visa issuing officer at the Consulate is in a bad mood that morning, all that will mean nothing.

It was also the weekend of our cricket tournament. We lost in the semis this time. We had a lot of players missing and the new players just didn’t gel well enough. Lack of team coordination clearly showed. This was probably my last tournament here and definitely my last as a captain. I do not have any more interest in playing cricket but playing for this team is some thing that I will definitely miss. And I will always remember the moments we had on the ground.

3 Comments:

Blogger Hitchcock said...

uh oh!! last??? hmmm..well..now, all of us out-of-town players... will need to get back.and win it one last time.. i want a bloody winner's medal!!!

7/31/2006 4:37 PM  
Blogger Raj said...

No UK No! How can you leave SIA Cricket! Being one of the Most coveted celebrities in the SIA cricket I am sure they will Miss you.

8/01/2006 8:52 AM  
Blogger UK said...

rajesh, there comes a time when you have to make tough decisions!

8/01/2006 1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home