Friday, April 07, 2017

A tale of two single guys

Back in February, I was searching for apartments to move in to. So one Saturday afternoon, I ended up at the leasing office of my current complex. And there was this EXTREMELY pretty receptionist. Now, it rarely happens that I hit it off straight away with a girl like that. But surprisingly, we ended up talking a lot. And talents I didn't think existed in me surfaced that day. Normally when I talk to a pretty girl, I find myself stammering, struggling hard to find words. So this was completely strange, it was as if God Himself showed me the path to this girl! When you meet a girl who can make you talk, you know she is "THE ONE", like Neal in "Matrix". What more, my brother who went to sign the papers after me, came back with news that she told him that I was extremely funny. So naturally, I was on the moon that day. I was already making plans for Valentine's Day the next week.

It was "crush at first sight". So the next day, I went again to the leasing office and she was there. I asked her to show me the apartment again. She agreed and we took off in a golf cart. That's when I noticed. Two brightly shining diamond rings on her fingers! There was still hope; what if they were normal fashion rings? So I commented about the rings, "those rings are nice". I couldn't think of any thing better to say. And just like that, she said, "Well, one's my engagement ring, one's my wedding ring!" And just like that my heart broke into a thousand pieces.

Only one person in the whole world could have bettered this story. My good friend Jyothi Prasad. This is his story from yesterday, in his exact own words. Actually, this is what took me back to my February episode. Here you go.

While I was getting the racket strung, there was a girl standing nearby. I started talking with her … after the intial “it is very difficult to find tennis partners in New York/ Central Park courts unavailability” dialogues, she asked where I was from . And then she told me where she is from (without me asking) and that she was also a beginner. Then we talked for some more time. She looked like if I asked her to play with me, she would say Yes..actual ga ammayi konchum interest chupisthunnandi… too much kada anukunna (translation - the girl seems to be showing interest in me, this is too good). Paapa baganey undi ….(girl seems to be pretty enough) So I was almost going to ask her if she wants to play with me once….romantic tennis match in Central Park..maybe…After some time, she said that she plays with her husband and the guy stringing the racket is actually her husband (husband on the left; me in the middle; girl on the right, while this whole discussion was going on) who is also a tennis teacher…

As you can probably guess, the hunt for "the one" still continues for both of us.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sunil Ravulapalli said...

Who the heck is 'neal' in matrix!?!
That may ne another reason for ur singleness...(hey i made up a word)

8/10/2006 6:23 PM  
Blogger UK said...

keanu reeves..its neo!

8/11/2006 12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home