Friday, April 07, 2017

Sleepless in Tampa

I am having trouble sleeping these days. The past one month, I have conditioned myself in such a way that I was sleeping at 4 every night and waking up at 8 in the morning. The last two nights I tried to sleep at 12 but I couldn’t. Instead, I ended up watching a 3 hour long 1950s Telugu movie, MayaBazar. Yes, yes, you can laugh all you want, but this is one of my favorite movies ever. I can never get bored watching it. Every time I watch it, I wonder how many Oscars it would have won if it was made in Hollywood. The movie has every thing, you know, action, romance (lots of it), comedy, great story line and a happy ending. And oh, there are even special effects! One slight problem – there’s a song every 10 minutes, some of which are ok but some are unbearable. It’s ok cos all I have to do is click my remote twice or thrice. I love mythological movies; they are absolutely fascinating. They don’t make such movies at all these days. Even if they do, it’s impossible to find actors who can do such a good job. As for the stories, it’s incomprehensible that some one could have such imagination. There are hundreds of sub stories within the main story and they are all linked superbly. You could argue that no normal being could have written such masterpieces and that’s reason enough to believe that it’s not really mythology but actual facts. I think if Hollywood makes movies out of these, they will make for bigger blockbusters than the LOTRs and Harry Potters!

Anyway, so where was I? Yeah, I am having trouble sleeping. I was preparing for interviews the past one month, that’s why the sleepless nights. Thanks to watching late night cricket games over the years, I am used to sleepless nights. So I feel very normal the next day at work. If I was home or in a car, I would fall asleep in a minute but at work I’m very ok. Ok, so to the main point. I finally took one interview this Tuesday and got the project last night. It’s a very short term project. I have mixed feelings about leaving my current job but I have decided to take a chance. It’s going to be a HUGE change for me in terms of my life style and I look forward to it. To all my friends that are finding about this on this blog, I am sorry that I didn’t take the time out to personally call you. It’s just that it all happened so fast and I feel so insecure right now. I hope you understand.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wish You all the best!!!

9/29/2006 11:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck man..but where does that leave HT?????

10/01/2006 7:12 AM  
Blogger UK said...

thank u...common man, HT survived the retirement of megastars like jyothi and sandeep, so this is nothing! we can always fly in for the tourney..

10/02/2006 8:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

let's fly in this time.. i want to win it!!!!!!!! bloody MF are all coming...we need to work this one out properly... hopefully though it's not on 22nd.

-Anurag

10/04/2006 3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home