Friday, April 07, 2017

Crazy people!

A guy in California bought a movie ticket for $1116. No, it’s not for a Hollywood premier graced by some celebrities. It was for a first day first show of the Telugu movie “Stalin”; starring who else, but Chiranjeevi (aka Mega Star in Andhra, my home province). I think this is the craziest way of throwing away your money. A lot of questions arise in my mind. First, is this a record for the priciest movie ever? I mean, has any one ever paid more for a movie? We should check the Guinness book. Why did he have to pay so much for the ticket when its actual price was only $10? How can they make it so public? I mean, isn’t it illegal to sell tickets at such an exorbitant price? And then they have this news published on a website, as if the guy made a donation to save the world! I mean, think of it. $1000 could save a thousand lives some where and this guy spends it on a movie he could have watched for $10 a few days later. May be I am exaggerating, but I want to get into the mind of this person and want to know what goes in there. The only possible explanation is that he probably is stinking rich and he wants to show how big a fan he is. There are a lot of people who drive to another city to watch an Indian movie. It’s understandable if the movie is never going to come to their place. Even though they know it’s going to be in their town a week later, they travel 4-5 hours to watch it. Can’t they wait a week? Are they going to change the movie script in a week? It’s a movie for heaven’s sake! Not a real life person or performance. Please tell me I am not the only one who finds this strange!

Now I am wondering if there is any thing I would want to watch so badly. May be if I get stinking rich, I mean Bill Gatesque rich, I would pay a thousand dollars to watch this from right next to the stage. Just may be.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Personally, such people will remain a total mystery to me! My level of tolerance against such people is really low. If you try to question their logic, they become very defensive and may end up having a permanent level of animosity against you.

9/21/2006 1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home