Friday, April 07, 2017

Day 3

Just as I had expected, I had to go to a temple this morning at 5, for a special puja. The puja lasted for about an hour, and the priest bagged about Rs 1500 for his services. Accounting for PPP (Purchasing Price Parity) that must be some where around what I make. I have stopped whining about pujas and temple visits now. I used to have HUGE arguments with mom and aunt but I stopped arguing now. It's a waste of energy cos in the end, I always end up doing them and all I get is a few sentimental dialogues from Mom and aunt. Now I quietly sit there all the time wondering what the definition of a vacation is and if there is another person in the world that performs pujas during a vacation.

My uncle decided that the Maruti was too small for my legs, so he sent for a Fiesta. Doesn’t make a difference to me, I am equally scared sitting in the navigator’s seat, not for myself but for the people on the road. Every minute, I feel like the driver is going to hit some one. The cuts he makes are amazing. James Bond would be proud of those!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home