Friday, April 07, 2017

Of super heroes and more

It’s been a busy weekend. I had to work on Saturday. So I could do little else. I watched a movie on Friday night, “Invincible”. It has a great story line (a true story) but the movie is pretty average. Today, I went to my cousin’s place for the Ganesh puja after which we went to watch Superman Returns in IMAX. I cannot believe that I hadn’t been to IMAX in the 7years that I have been here. Didn’t I tell you that I surprise myself at some of the things I DON’T do? This is one of them. I have seen such movies in Disney’s Epcot but not in a dome. It gave me a feeling of being in an Igloo. One of my wishes is to live in an igloo one day, for a day. I wonder if people in Greenland still live in igloos; may be some one there can rent it to me for a day. Coming back to the movie itself, it was the usual. You know, Spiderman, Superman, Batman, they are all the same. These are normal guys in the real world who like a girl and once they wear the special outfit, they become super heroes whom the girl likes! Towards the end, the girl suspects or finds out that the two characters are the same. It’s amazing that we keep going to these movies despite the same theme. One thought that probably occurs to every one is what we would do if we were super heroes. Apart from saving the world and falling in love with a girl. I would probably fly to anywhere Roger Federer plays Nadal or Safin and watch the game! By the way, “Batman Begins” is my favorite among all such movies.

I couldn’t help but wonder at the irony of the scene in Superman where he saves the plane from crashing and then proceeds to say, “Remember that statistically this is still the safest means of travel”. It was just before going to the movie that my friend called me up and told me the news about the plane tragedy in Kentucky today. I wonder how safe it is now. The last one month has been the most terrible in the history of the aviation industry; even more than the period after 911. This is the toughest business to be in. I feel sorry for them; every thing seems to be stacked against them and there is nothing that they can do. All these incidents are sure to freak out people, that is, if they are already not freaked out. I wonder if Superman would have said that if the movie came out a month later than it did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home