Friday, April 07, 2017

Pluto is no longer a planet

Just in case you didn’t see the news today, the Solar System now has only 8 planets. That’s right; Pluto has been taken off the list of planets by the International Astronomical Union. It seems Pluto didn’t meet the new guidelines for planets. How can they do that? I mean, just like that I wake up one fine day and find that my concept of the Universe is wrong. Now I have to go back and change all my Science/Astronomy basics. That’s too much of a change to get used to. Now when any kid in the family tests my knowledge by asking me this question, I have to remember not to jump up and say 9. I am also curious how this will effect astrology. Isn't astrology dependant on the planets at some level? Will astrologers have to change their concepts too? Interesting, very interesting.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Pluto was discovered in 1930. I am sure astrology has been around longer than that. If astrology survived the inclusion of Pluto, then it definitely can survive the exclusion(I am not the most ardent believer of astrology). In my opinion , astrology is NOT a precise science, so it is very easy to accomadate such changes.

8/24/2006 2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home