Friday, April 07, 2017

Day 11

It's Wednesday, meaning, it's time to feed the cow again. As soon as I got out of the car, the cow saw me and started running towards me, like a heroine runs towards a hero in a Hindi movie song. I didn't know cows had such good memory power. But it was nice. Believe it or not, mom made vegetable fried rice for the cow! It was nice to see it gobble it all so fast. I would rather do this every day of my life than go to the temple once a week.

After that, I went to my native place. It's a village in Srikakulam district. Every time I go there, I thank my Dad a lot, cos if not for him, I would probably be still farming in that village. May be that’s not that bad. I used to absolutely hate going there as a kid. Now I would love to spend a couple of days there but I don't have the time. It's really nice, the farms, the natural wells, the coconut water fresh off a tree and the occasional sighting of cobras. It's scary to think that the farmers just continue with their work bare footed even with the possibility of snakes lurking in their farms!

Every where I go, there are people that come up to me and ask "Do you remember me? You used to play with me a lot when you were a kid." This is one of the embarrassing problems in life. Some times I say "yes, of course, how can I not remember you" and that does it, but then some people ask "then tell me who I am!" and I have to come up with some fictitious name. The one standard lie that I use in such cases is that "I remember you very well but just can't remember the name." This problem is even more when I go to my native place. Almost every one in the village is a distant relative of mine and it's too confusing. I think the world's best genealogy expert wouldn't be able to go past the previous 2 generations of our village.

Today, my cousin threw up. He follows me every where I go and so has to eat equally as me. He has a slightly smaller capacity compared to me but of course the ladies don't realize that. So he finally reached a "bursting" stage today and fortunately just threw up and didn't blow up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home