Friday, April 07, 2017

Day 7

Amazing. No temples today! It's Saturday, so every one's home. My cousin had come from Chennai to see me. So did my aunt and uncle from Vijaywada. We had a family dinner at a restaurant. Yet again, the topic of discussion was how to get me married. What can I say? I feel like singing the Michael Jackson song "Leave me alone". The best analogy between me and my family right now is Princess Diana and the paparazzi.

I get really ticked off at the dining table. They just don't get it that there is only so much that I can eat. For some reason, all Indians are hell bent on feeding you that extra bit more at the end. The standard dialogue is "have just one more" (serving). Why can't they understand that we are all grown ups and know how much we should or shouldn't be eating? As soon as I open the refrigerator, my aunt goes "are you looking for some thing to eat?"

I think I should be like Sunil in the Telugu movie Manmadhudu and scream at the top of my lungs, "I said I didn't want any more". I actually did some thing like that to my aunt once and she didn't talk to me for a couple of days. So that won't work. May be the next time they ask how it tastes, I should say "It's terrible; now don't serve me any more of it."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home